Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sci Fest :)

Yesterday Ty's and first years competed in the annual Sci-Fest competition in Tallaght IT in Dublin. It was a great day out and the school came home with five winners! this was a wonderful achievement  for the students and the school:)  My project on Ithcyothereapy  which was originally entered in the young scientist competition was on display for the judges , they came around and asked us lots of questions about it , it went really well I felt!  Sadly , it didn't win a prize, but it was really great to see my friends get awards for theirs so its all good. 
There was also a number of talks available to us on the day given by lecturers in the college. I went to one about cool chemistry, basically it was a man blowing up stuff and setting things things on fire. It was actually so fun to watch ,  I really enjoyed it! I also went to a talk  on fighting crime with science. This was so interesting and was all about how criminals get convicted from small traces of DNA evidence left behind at a crime scene. 
Overall It was a great day out :) Thabks to the science teachers for organising it ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment