Sunday 29 April 2012

Swim a Mile :)

On Friday April 20th all ty's went to the NAC in Blancharstown for the Ian Daly Swim a Mile with a Smile:) This is an annual charity event which I have been taking part in myself for the past six years now and its always something I look forward to every year :) Its in honor of Ian Daly, a close neighbor of mine who died of an aggressive brain tumor in 2003. The Swim is to raise money for child cancer care and Barrettstown Camp for children who are very sick. I swam a whole mile which I was extremely pleased with as we only had a certain time limit in the pool ! Some girls did the mile themselves and others did it in a team :)  Altogether ty's swam a total of 40 miles, which is a new record for St Wolstans!! This was such a great achievement , well done girls!:D 


To find out more about this wonderful cause please click here :) 
http://swimamile.webnode.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment